You will work on a small dynamic team that provides strategic know how through Business Intelligence (BI) and Data Visualization platforms to deliver quality reports for State & Federal Agencies.
Here’s what You’ll Do:
Analyze – Apply an understanding of business metrics and a commercial mindset to perform trend analysis, and review.
Collaborate – Work closely with functional teams to understand requirements regarding solutions to ensure data quality. Collaborate on definition, development, and maintenance of standards and processes.
Design – Develop models and create templates to ensure timely and accurate deliverables, data integrity, efficient workflow, reusability, and automation. Create dashboards using workspace advance to facilitate drill up/down and slicing/dicing of data. Produce AdHoc reports with a turnaround time based on business needs.
Improve – Support continuous improvement and automation in BI solutions and processes.
Leverage – Support client data exchange and integration needs by leveraging technical expertise in database applications, ETL processes, and automation. Apply knowledge of upstream and downstream Enterprise applications to support dashboard development lifecycle discipline.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or related discipline
- Six (6) years of industry experience with focus on DataStage ETL tool
- Strong understanding of OLAP business intelligence applications
- Strong understanding of reporting and database environments, processes, and associated applications
- Competencies leveraging data visualization tools for senior management and enterprise data visualization
- Ability to translate business requirements into specifications that will be used to implement required reports and dashboards
- Minimum of three years’ experience with a BI tool (Cognos is preferred)
- Knowledge of RTC or similar tools
- Competencies in database architectures such as relative, star and snowflake schemas.
- Competencies in DB2 (or other RDBMS)
- Experience with Level 3 Procedural Languages (ie: ANSI, SQL, PL/SQL)
- Experience writing complex SQL queries, SQL PL procedures in IBM DB2 environment.
- Two (2) years Healthcare Industry experience
- Competencies with UNIX/LINUX operating systems
- Experience with IBM Cognos Business Intelligence 10.0 suite of tools or higher