DATE POSTED: 4/13/2018
JOB TITLE: Expert Cognos Technical Architect 5387
JOB LOCATION: Albany, NY
JOB DURATION: 24 Months
This position is a lead IBM Cognos Technical Administration role that will participate in a team approach to:
- Install and configure the IBM Cognos 11 Business Intelligence (BI software in a multi-tiered Cognos server environment; Web, App and LDAP Windows servers
- Install and configure IBM Cognos BI Transformer software on Unix Server.
- Maintain scripts between the IBM Cognos BI install on Windows and Unix Servers.
- Maintain the Cognos BI architecture, including troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of the metadata and/or reporting components of the IES project solution (building and/or modifying Cognos data structures) to insure implementation of best practices. This includes testing and deployment of the components
- Provide troubleshooting and end user support and problem resolution.
- Participate in sessions to develop requirements for the reporting projects in Cognos Reporting.
- Participate in joint sessions defining security in all levels of the Cognos Reporting environment.
- Create scripts for maintaining the Servers, Portal and LDAP, and application support.
- Provide technical documentation for the Cognos reporting environment, including but not limited to Server architecture, Cognos Connection configuration settings, and security of all levels of the Cognos deployment
- Create and support the Reporting Web Service using Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) principles
- Create models using best practices with IBM Cognos BI Framework Manager tools -Create Cubes using IBM Cognos BI Transformer
- Create Work Requests with other NYS ITS units to support Cognos Reporting.
- Ensure that development activities adhere to the HSC architectural strategy so that overall business intelligence data integrity is maintained.
GENESYS CONSULTING SERVICES, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
- 84 Months- Demonstrated hands-on experience in IBM Cognos administration, installation, server configuration, BI solution design, and technical support of all components of the IBM Cognos Business intelligence suite of tools
- 84 Months- Demonstrated hands-on experience using industry best practices with IBM Cognos Transformer 8.3 or higher creating data cube models against existing data marts implementing complex data, object, and cube security with the IBM BI Cognos Framework Manager and Transformer tools including LDAP user classes and Cognos Groups and Roles
- 84 Months- Demonstrated hands-on experience implementing IBM Cognos BI application security using Active Directory (AD), Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) and Siteminder.
- 72 Months- Demonstrated hands-on experience in designing, building, and maintaining report solutions using all functions of the IBM Cognos BI 8.4 or higher suite of tools supporting reports, score carding, and analysis using relational and dimensional data marts and transactional databases.
- 72 Months- Demonstrated hands-on experience using IBM BI Cognos Framework Manager 8.4 or higher using best practices to model reporting packages.
- 36 Months- Demonstrated hands on experience with Motio Persona installation and configuration with MotioCI deployments, regression testing and versioning
- 18 Months- Demonstrated hands-on experience with Cognos 11.2 or higher in continuous quarterly upgrades in a Multi-web, multi-application tier configuration including SSO, advanced routing, dynamic cubes, dynamic query mode, query service configuration, dashboards, data modeling, web authoring, and migrations of dashboards, data modules including migrations from 10.2 to 11.x
- IBM Cognos BI 8 or higher Certification
‹‹ BACK TO JOB POSTINGS