DATE POSTED: 10/1/2018
JOB TITLE: Middleware Architect
JOB LOCATION: Albany, NY
JOB DURATION: Temp- Perm
Here’s what You’ll Do:
- Sets technical direction for mid-tier environments
- Responsible for environment maintenance and upgrades , performance monitoring and reporting, troubleshooting and issue resolution
- Administers a wide variety of Middleware components in a 24/7/365 high availability client environment. Primary responsibility is production support to include monitoring, troubleshooting, and triage.
- Installs, configures, and maintains the WebSphere family of middleware infrastructure (WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Portal Server, WebSphere Process Server, WebSphere MQ).
- Installs, configures, and maintains the JBoss and Apache/Tomcat family of products including Red Hat JBoss EAP/SOAP, JBoss EWS, JBoss BPM, BRMS, JBoss EPP.
- Ensures installation, configurations, and maintenance procedures of all changes to JBoss and Apache/Tomcat infrastructure listed are of highest quality and capable of meeting all client SLAs.
- Installs patches associated with JBoss and Apache/Tomcat upgrades and updates. Packages, deploys applications, migrates, performance tunes, troubleshoots and resolves application services, maintains security, and automates routine procedures through scripting.
- Provides technical leadership across a variety of middleware components
- Works with team lead and peers to ensure tasks are clearly defined and deadlines are met
- Performs moderately complex systems administration. Monitors and tunes appropriate systems to ensure optimum level of performance.
- Performs software installations and upgrades across development, test, and production environments.
- Collects and reviews system data for capacity and planning purposes. Analyzes capacity data and develops capacity plans for appropriate level enterprise-wide systems.
- Oversees and applies appropriate support packages/patches to maintain system integrity.
Here’s what You’ll Bring to the Table:
GENESYS CONSULTING SERVICES, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- Fourteen (14) years of related experience
- Ten (10) or more years of experience in working and leading middleware teams in high volume, mission critical environment
- Experience in the WebSphere family of middleware infrastructure (WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Portal Server, WebSphere Process Server, WebSphere MQ).
- Experience in developing appropriate monitoring and alerting processes within the mid-tier environment
- Experience developing custom operation scripts for day-to-day JBoss operations
- Experience configuring JBoss images and automating installations through scripting
- Strong knowledge of applying mod_jk and mod cluster load-balancing modules for various applications deployed in JBoss
- Experience with Alfresco, ESG, IBM WTX, IBM Datastage beneficial
- Willingness to provide evening / weekend support coverage as necessary
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with team and client staff and remain calm under pressure
‹‹ BACK TO JOB POSTINGS