Here’s what You’ll Do:
- Sets technical direction for mid-tier environments
- Responsible for environment maintenance and upgrades , performance monitoring and reporting, troubleshooting and issue resolution
- Administers a wide variety of Middleware components in a 24/7/365 high availability client environment. Primary responsibility is production support to include monitoring, troubleshooting, and triage.
- Installs, configures, and maintains the WebSphere family of middleware infrastructure (WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Portal Server, WebSphere Process Server, WebSphere MQ).
- Installs, configures, and maintains the JBoss and Apache/Tomcat family of products including Red Hat JBoss EAP/SOAP, JBoss EWS, JBoss BPM, BRMS, JBoss EPP.
- Ensures installation, configurations, and maintenance procedures of all changes to JBoss and Apache/Tomcat infrastructure listed are of highest quality and capable of meeting all client SLAs.
- Installs patches associated with JBoss and Apache/Tomcat upgrades and updates. Packages, deploys applications, migrates, performance tunes, troubleshoots and resolves application services, maintains security, and automates routine procedures through scripting.
- Provides technical leadership across a variety of middleware components
- Works with team lead and peers to ensure tasks are clearly defined and deadlines are met
- Performs moderately complex systems administration. Monitors and tunes appropriate systems to ensure optimum level of performance.
- Performs software installations and upgrades across development, test, and production environments.
- Collects and reviews system data for capacity and planning purposes. Analyzes capacity data and develops capacity plans for appropriate level enterprise-wide systems.
- Oversees and applies appropriate support packages/patches to maintain system integrity.
Here’s what You’ll Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- Fourteen (14) years of related experience
- Ten (10) or more years of experience in working and leading middleware teams in high volume, mission critical environment
- Experience in the WebSphere family of middleware infrastructure (WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Portal Server, WebSphere Process Server, WebSphere MQ).
- Experience in developing appropriate monitoring and alerting processes within the mid-tier environment
- Experience developing custom operation scripts for day-to-day JBoss operations
- Experience configuring JBoss images and automating installations through scripting
- Strong knowledge of applying mod_jk and mod cluster load-balancing modules for various applications deployed in JBoss
- Experience with Alfresco, ESG, IBM WTX, IBM Datastage beneficial
- Willingness to provide evening / weekend support coverage as necessary
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with team and client staff and remain calm under pressure
‹‹ BACK TO JOB POSTINGS
GENESYS Consulting Services, Inc. was founded in 1987, and is a New York State and New York City Certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) with a long history of successfully providing IT consulting services to a wide range of businesses in the public and private sectors. We provide highly experienced technology professionals with the expertise required to design, develop, implement, and maintain critical technology solutions. Our staff of experts represents the very finest business and technical professionals the industry has to offer. We believe in technology with integrity, and strive to be the staffing partner our clients need for top-notch talent.