DATE POSTED: 5/21/2018
JOB TITLE: QA Manual Tester
JOB LOCATION: Albany, NY
JOB DURATION: Temp- Perm
A team member of the testing organization, performing manual testing of new releases
- Five (5) years of intensive and progressive experience in software application testing with three years within the last five calendar years of intensive and progressive experience in performing software testing for complex to highly complex systems
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, mathematics or engineering. A degree in Computer Science or Information Technology preferred
- Must have a thorough working experience in QA/Testing methodologies and software development life cycle, including have a complete SDLC understanding
- Have hands-on experience in a very complex and large web-based application (portal) testing built on JAVA, Web-Sphere (presentation layer), DB2 LUW (backend database), middleware (web-services, API calls testing using SOAP UI), backend batch jobs and interfaces
- Have hands on working experience in writing SQL using joins for data validation from various data sources using DB2 LUW
- Must have good analytical skills and proven experience in analyzing and testing complex business rules and rule engines
- Be detail oriented, have excellent writing & verbal communication skills and possess client facing skills
- Must have knowledge of testing techniques to cover all possible corner cases for testing verification and validation techniques.
- Must be a team player, quick responsiveness, contributor, coordinator, cooperative, understanding, polite and adaptive to accept changes in a complex changing environment
- Must be willing to accept direction from seniors, colleagues and management
- Self-motivated individual with a desire to learn
GENESYS CONSULTING SERVICES, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
- Sound hands on knowledge of healthcare insurance or government domain
- Hands-on client-facing, supporting UAT experience on a project with a large complex systems
- Hands-on experience testing with external interfaces with external stakeholders and external testers
- Hands-on and recent experience with testing EDI 834 transactions
- Hands-on functional knowledge of Rational Quality Manager for test management with collaboration with Rational Team Concert .
- Working-level experience with DB2 in a mainframe environment.
‹‹ BACK TO JOB POSTINGS