DATE POSTED: 10/3/2018
JOB TITLE: Senior Network Engineer
JOB LOCATION: Albany, NY
JOB DURATION: 6 Month Temp-To-Perm
- Provides specific, detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Conducts testing of network systems.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Evaluates and reports on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- Configures, deploys, and operates network infrastructure.
- Provide system and product training to lower level network staff.
- Executes standard operating procedures.
- Work with Network Architects and Engineers to refine, test, and update network templates
- Monitor, detect, and execute problem isolation and resolution throughout the network infrastructure. Supports root-cause analysis of network related problems.
- Utilize monitoring, mapping and alerting software to perform network management duties.
- Supports the research and evaluation of new network topologies, infrastructures and configuration
GENESYS CONSULTING SERVICES, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and five (5) years of related experience, or MS degree and three (3) years of experience.
- Routing, Switching, Firewalls, Load Balancers
- Vendors: Palo Alto, Cisco, Brocade, Riverbed, F5
- WAN Skills: BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, MPLS technologies
- LAN Skills: Spanning tree, trunking, VLANs
- Network Management: NMS products, Netflow, SNMP
- CCNP required
- No C2C or Sponsorship is available
‹‹ BACK TO JOB POSTINGS